Basic Pizza Dough that is easy to put together and makes the perfect base for your pizzas!
Did you know I make pizza? I make it a lot! Typically on our movie and pizza night I make 4!
So I am super exited because my in-laws and nephews are coming to visit from Italy this week! I thought it would be fun to do a pizza series and finally get this recipe to family members who have asked for it! Here is a little step by step on the different stages of the process:this is after the yeast and the water have been mixed and setting for five minutes this is after I have kneaded the dough this is after I have rolled it out and it is ready to go!
We love to eat pizza when we are in Italy and I think when I was there in December for two weeks I ate it like 8 times. Can. Not. Get. Enough! This pizza is called 4 Seasons or Pizza Quattro Stagioni. It is my my favorite pizza to get while I am in Italy. It normally comes with pepperoni, ham, artichokes and mushrooms! YUM!
I would have to say about a two years or so ago I started to use this recipe to make my pizzas. I found it somewhere on the Internet and of course can not find it now, so if you recognize it let me know! I always made the dough the exact same way until recently. Then I discovered Red Star Yeast over at Sally’s site and now I am enjoying using it. I used to use only active dry yeast. The Red Star has both but I have been using the quick rising yeast so I can have the dough put together and ready to go into the oven in like 10 minutes! That is essential for me when I have hungry kids all standing at my feet pulling my cloths needing to be feed IMMEDIATELY!
This is not a sponsored post I just love the product and can’t say good enough stuff about it!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- One ¼ oz. packet (7g) or 2+1/4 tsp of Quick Rising Yeast
- 1⅓ cup water, warm
- 3 to 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In mixing bowl add yeast and water. Using whisk mix them together. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Using your dough hook add 2 cups flour and mix on low.
- Add oil and salt and continue to mix.
- Add the remaining flour a ½ cup at a time till all is incorporated.
- Dust counter top with flour and dump ball out of the mixing bowl.
- With flour covered hands work the dough till you have a nice smooth ball.
- Rest for 5 minutes and ENJOY!!!
- Makes 2 9" Pizzas
Want more from theBitterSideofSweet? Here you go!!
This recipe make be linked at these sites!