I actually can not believe it is Friday! With some of my kids still being on summer break I still do not have my days in order. We are still doing play dates and trips to the pool.That is how this pizza was created. I had a friend drive down to my house for a play date. I say drive down because it is a 40 minute drive between our houses. Normally we alternate week to week going back and forth but she was kind enough to come down to my house two weeks in a row. So I offered lunch! Pizza that is.
I am so glad I did. I absolutely love pineapple and ham pizza but almost never make. The pineapple gives the pizza a tangy flavor mixed with the tomato sauce makes this a great tasting pizza! So again here I am just using my basic pizza dough. This time I actually didn’t divide the dough. I made it into a rectangle pizza. This made the process go a little quicker. I just laid the pizza dough right onto parchment paper, so there was no spraying of the pan involved either. So if you need a quick under 30 minute meal this weekend why not make pizza! It satisfying with every bite! ENJOY!!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- FOR THE DOUGH:
- One ¼ oz. packet, 7g or 2+1/4 tsp of Quick Rising Yeast ( I used Red Star)
- 1⅓ cup water, warm
- 3 to 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 10 slices of honey baked ham, chopped
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks, quartered (or you can use pineapple tibits)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce, no salt added
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare rectangle cooking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Using your dough hook add 2 cups flour and mix on low.
- Add oil and salt and continue to mix.
- Add the remaining flour a ½ cup at a time till all is incorporated.
- Dust counter top with flour and dump ball out of the mixing bowl.
- With flour covered hands work the dough till you have a nice smooth ball.
- Roll dough out into a large rectangle. (So it fits your cookie sheet)
- Spoon tomato sauce on and spread around till evenly distributed on the dough.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Add pineapple and ham.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes until crust is slightly brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, cut and ENJOY!!
Want more pizza? Here you go!
This recipe may be linked at these sites!