Easy Strawberry Crisp Recipe is made with just six ingredients! Such a simple dessert, even if you are not a novice in the kitchen!
I’m kind of in love with this dessert. Is that weird? Probably yes. Either way you guys seriously NEED to try it! Please do it! It is so simple my 10 year old could make it!
It has six ingredients that you probably have right in your cabinet or refrigerator.
And since strawberries are a hot commodity this is exactly what you should make when you get them!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
How to make a dessert crisp?
Making a dessert crisp is fairly easy! I make mine as simple as possible using only fruit and oats as the main ingredients!
Using any fruit will do. My latest crisp recipe was this cranberry apple crisp.
How to make easy strawberry crisp?
- Strawberries: the star of this crisp. Juicy, ripe strawberries that are full of flavor.
- Lemon juice. Helps add depth to the flavor of the strawberry.
- Oats: the main ingredient for the crunchy oat topping.
- Sweeteners. I’ve used sugar to sweeten the strawberries and to marinate them. maple syrup is the sweetener I used for the oat topping.
- Extra-virgin olive oil. This helps make the oat topping crunchy.
- The first think you do is clean and chop the strawberries. Place them in a bowl and add sugar. The sugar draws the juices out of the strawberries and marinates them well.
- You’ll make your crunchy oat topping with oats, maple syrup, and olive oil. Think of it as like a granola type topping.
- Pour the strawberries in your baking dish.
- Top with your oat topping.
- Bake till the strawberries are bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
If you are obsessed with strawberry desserts try a few of these!
- Strawberry Hand Pies, must make immediately!!
- Strawberry Rosewater Semifreddo. We are Italian so it has to be good! Am I right? 😉
- Strawberry Ice Cream. My hubby’s favorite flavor!
- 1 pound strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉ degrees.
- Wash and dice strawberries. In medium bowl add strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Stir. Add to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl add oats, olive oil and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Top strawberries with oats mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until oats are golden brown and strawberries are bubbling.
- Serve and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice