Cranberry Apple Crisp is a super simple dessert that is a little sweet and a little tart! Perfect for any holiday celebration!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
I found fresh cranberries at my store! I was so excited! I immediately bought two bags!
I had already had some ideas of recipes I was going to make with cranberries this year but I wasn’t going to share them with you this early.
Well plans changed and I couldn’t resist!
How To Make Crisp:
Making crisp is super easy, well at least for me! Simplifying it is the way to go in my book!
- I always use oil in my oats. It helps the top to crisp up to have a nice crunch to it.
- Sometimes I use lemon juice with my fruits but because the cranberries are tart I thought it would make it overbearing, so I left it out.
- Using fresh cranberries is best in this recipe but you would definitely try with frozen!
I have made lots of crisp on the blog and I normally go with what is ever in season.
- Apple Blueberry Crisp is so delicious! I think I need to try with frozen blueberries to see if it is as good!
- This Mixed Berry Crisp was my favorite because it allowed me to just use whatever I had in my refrigerator!
- Cherry Berry Crisp is just perfect! It used plump fresh cherries that makes this one out of this world!
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make an recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 medium red apples, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Place half the apple slices on the bottom of your baking dish.
- Top with cranberries and then the remaining apples.
- Pour honey over the top of fruit.
- In small bowl mix together oats, cinnamon, oil and maple syrup.
- Spread evenly on top of fruit.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until oats are golden brown and fruit is softened.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219