The best way to ring in Spring with with lots of citrus recipes including these Lemon Donut Holes!
Now my last sweet post was this upside down brown sugar apricot cake and I had told you how I gave up cake for Lent. You may be wondering if I actually ate these donuts as well? Yes, Yes I did!
I actually made these for Fat Tuesday along with these mint chocolate donut holes but I decided to hold off on sharing these until now.
These lemon donut holes we by far my favorite! I actually made the lemon flavored twice because I was trying to figure out how to intensify the flavor of the lemon.
The first time there was just not enough lemon juice or zest so the second time I made them I added almost double of each and I believe I succeeded in getting that flavor to come through.
This week our host for Sunday Supper is Lisa Grant of Jersey Girl Cooks! Don’t forgot to scroll to the bottom to check out all of the other citrus recipes! ENJOY!
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon yeast
- zest of one lemon
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lemon zest
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees in large pot or fryer.
- Mix together butter and sugar.
- Add one egg at a time and mix between each egg.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Add flour and yeast to wet ingredients. Stir till dough forms.
- Knead a few minutes with your hands.
- Stir in zest.
- Break off approximately 1½ Tbsp-sized pieces of dough and roll into smooth, tight balls. Set aside.
- Fry 6 donuts at a time for 3 minutes each batch.
- Place on plate and allow to cool.
- Roll each donut into powdered sugar. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Serve and ENJOY!
Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Mango Citrus Salsa by Feeding Big
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa by Home Sweet Homestead
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Ladyfinger Lemon Torte Recipe by Positively Stacey
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Meyer Lemon Mousse by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.