An easy spring dessert full of apricot flavor! This Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake is the perfect spring dessert!
This cake almost made me break my Lenten resolution. I decided to give up cake for Lent! I know! How could I? Well because cake, chocolate and all desserts really are my weakness. I figured it was something good to abstain from.
It is hard but it is also rewarding! My jeans fit better and I have realized I won’t actually die if I don’t eat cake or sweets! All of my daily cravings have almost gone so I feel better too!
This weeks Sunday Supper is hosted by Anne from Simple and Savory. We are giving you ALL the Spring recipes that you can handle. So make sure you check them out at the bottom!
When making this cake I chose to use canned apricots but you could definitely use fresh. When I lived in NC I always had a very hard time trying to find fresh apricots so I wanted to make this Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake with something everyone could use. So I went with canned. ENJOY!
Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake (#SundaySupper)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apricot juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 15 ounce can apricot halves drained
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9″ springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs lightly. Add sour cream, honey, vanilla and apricot juice whisking till combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk till just smooth.
- In medium pan add butter and brown sugar. Allow to cook for 3 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the bottom of the pan. Top with apricots, pit side up.
- Pour cake mixture over the apricots and smooth out.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for two minutes. Invert onto serving dish and release from pan.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from http://sherisilver.com/2013/02/21/sugar-free-honey-lemon-cake/
Recipe adapted from sherisilver.com!
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Parfait by The Crumby Cupcake
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon.com
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.