A delicious way to start the day is with these Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins. They are moist, slightly sweet and full of flavor!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
I’ve been on a breakfast kick as you can see! I just absolutely love having a variety of muffins in the freezer so that the kids can pull them out when they like to have one for breakfast!
These Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins are equally good!
HOW TO MAKE THE MUFFINS:
To make these muffins I simply followed my basic recipe and added a touch more cinnamon and of course apples to them!
The crumb topping I went a little further and added oats to it as well! It was definitely an added bonus to the top!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- For the muffins:
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups diced apples
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon oats
- Preheat oven to 400 ℉. Line muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- In large bowl add butter, milk, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar. Whisk together until completely incorporated.
- Add in flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon. Stir in apples until combined.
- Scoop into muffin liners. Set aside.
- In small bowl add melted butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and oats. Stir together.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a little of the topping mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
- Apple & Red Cabbage Slow-Cooker Sauerkraut by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Nutternut Squash by Girl Abroad
- Apple Butter-Glazed Chicken Wings by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Apple Cherry Swirl Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Cider Baked Donuts by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cider Donuts by House of Nash Eats
- Apple Cider Mules by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Fritters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Maple Breakfast Sausage by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Spice Poke Cake by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Apple Pandowdy by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts by Everyday Eileen
- Baked Cinnamon Apples by The Anthony Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Caramel Apple Galette by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Caramel Apple Pie Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Caramel Apple Pie Party Mix by Lemon Blossoms
- Chicken with Apple, Onion, and Cider Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Apple Fritters by The Freshman Cook
- Chipotle Turkey, Apple, & Sweet Potato Chili by Savory Moments
- Dairy Queen Copy Cat Apple Pie Blizzard by An Affair from the Heart
- Dutch Oven Apple Cobbler by West Via Midwest
- Harvest Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Love and Confections
- Herby Ginger Apple Compote by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Individual Skillet Apple Pies by Family Around the Table
- Instant Pot Apple Butter by Soulfully Made
- Japanese Beef Curry (Kare Raisu) by Palatable Pastime
- Kielbasa, Apple, Bacon, Sweet Potato Skillet Meal by Tip Garden
- Mini Apple Crisp Baked Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- New England Apple Cake by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Pan Apple Cakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Turnovers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Chai Apple Butter by Mildly Meandering
- Spiked Mulled Apple Cider by Caroline’s Cooking
- Stuffed Apples with Homemade Sausage and Rice by Our Good Life