One of my all time favorite holiday recipes to make is a really good pumpkin roll. I decided to change things up a bit and do a Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Roll!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
You guys would never guess that this is one of my most popular post of the year!
It’s so easy to make that anyone can do it!
With a few simple ingredients it will be the star of your dessert table!
Pumpkin rolls are such a classic recipe but let’s make it better by adding chocolate to it! Why not, right?
For this recipe I decided to add mini chocolate chips to my cream cheese layer. I felt like the cake itself is good enough that I didn’t need to change it.
Next I melted chocolate chips and drizzled it over the top for a pretty presentation! It’s just perfect!
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make an recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 eggs
- 5 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl mix eggs, sour cream, sugar and pumpkin together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Slowly add to dry ingredient to wet ingredients mixing on medium till all incorporated.
- Pour into prepared cookie sheet, spread out and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take a dish towel that is the size of the cake. Cover with 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- When cake is done and cooled for about 2 minutes, remove from pan and lay cake onto the dish towel. Starting at one end, roll the cake into the dish towel.
- Place in refrigerator to cool for an hour.
- Prepare filling by mixing butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Take roll out of refrigerator and slowly unroll. Spread icing onto cake. Roll the cake back up without the dish towel and refrigerator for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, melt 1 cup of mini chocolate chips over a double boiler. Spoon melted chocolate into a piping bag to pipe decorations. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. ENJOY!