Freshly picked apples covered in cinnamon, butter and brown sugar are the simple ingredients you need to make this Simple Apple Compote!
This post was updated August 2018!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
As I was telling you last week I asked a question on Facebook asking which did people prefer pumpkin or apples? Because I got an overwhelming response for apples, I decided I would get you some recipes asap!!
I had this compote already made up in my refrigerator so I thought I should probably share it with you since I have so many apple fans. For this very reason I will be adding to a couple different recipes over the next few weeks.
Since I originally made this recipe in 2013 it has been something I’ve come back to time and time again.
We generally go apple picking each year and are looking forward to our first year of picking in Minnesota!
After getting all of those apples we try to come up with recipe that calls for apples so we can use them up!
Recipes to make withe apples:
Different recipes that I like to make with apples:
- easy homemade applesauce which always goes over well with the kids!
- apple blueberry galette. Since apple and blueberry season are close together I normally have a stock of each fruit in the house.
- When I want to use puff pastry I love making these caramel apple croissants!
- Last but not least, these apple pie cinnamon rolls are super popular and super easy to make!
A few ways you can use this simple apple compote is by topping it over ice cream, using it as the center of this puff pastry apple slab pie or eat it with a spoon!
Want to connect more?
If your on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. It’s quiet right now because of summer but I’d love to hear more from you!
Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
Because I love apple recipes so much I thought maybe a few of these would be awesome to try!
- Mini Apple Crisp Baked Apples! I absolutely LOVE the center of these apples!
- 1 1/2 cups apples, diced (about 3 apples)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a small bowl add diced apples. Pour in cinnamon and stir. Set aside.
- On medium heat, using a medium size pot melt your butter.
- Add brown sugar and stir till the sugar has dissolved.
- Add cinnamon and apples.
- Let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week! ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 96 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 48mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Protein: 0g