Here it is you guys. Finally I was able to make this Cool Mint Oreo Granola and get it down into a blog post!
It is Teacher Appreciation Week and the theme at my child’s school was baking. I was like, YES! I can do that. Day one we could share a recipe, so I jotted this recipe down and gave it to my daughter’s teacher. Day two was send in a baked good or something like that. So I thought how perfect would it be if I baked the recipe I sent so they could actually taste what they were getting.
I had made these Cool Mint Oreo Granola Bars for you some time ago. I absolutely love the Cool Mint Oreos. Don’t get me wrong, any Oreo is good, these by far are just my favorite! ENJOY!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup Rice Chex Mix cereal, crushed
- 15 Cool Mint Oreos, crushed
- Melt butter, sugar and honey in a pot on the stove.
- Boil till all the sugar has dissolved.
- Take off heat.
- In large bowl add oats, chex mix and half of the crushed Oreos.
- Pour butter and sugar mixture over the oats and stir well.
- Add remaining Oreos.
- Spread out in 9x13 baking dish and rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces and EJNOY!
Want more granola? Try these!
This recipe is linked over at: