I have been wanting for some time to try my hand at making granola bars. I buy them all of the time, why not make them. Oh my gosh you guys! These are the best! I could have eaten the whole pan full in one sitting. But I didn’t. I refrained. I even saved some for the children. 🙂 Since that was who I was making them for, right? Ok, ok I know that is bad. It is ok. They enjoyed them in their lunches this week. And wait I have different variations up my sleeve. In the mean time, what type of granola bars do you like? Fill me in! I want to hear!
S’mores Granola Bars
recipe adapted from Rachel Ray
Yield: 10 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup honey
2 cups quick oats
1 cup crushed rice Chex Mix
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup Jet Puffed Marshmallow Bits
1. Melt butter, sugar and honey.
2. Boil till all sugar has dissolved.
3. Take off heat and add oats and Chex Mix to butter mixer.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
5. Press into 9×13 ungreased pan.
6. Refrigerate for 5 minutes till set.
7. Cut and Enjoy!
These can be stored in a plastic covered container for up to a week (if they last that long!)