Warning! Don’t let the title granola bars deceive you. I am pretty sure these are not extremely healthy when you are looking in terms of granola. BUT! They are good. Does that count?
These did not get served at the party. I normally make homemade granola bars for the kids to eat as snacks and I was looking for a way to tie in the funfetti cake mix. This recipe is the same as my Honey Granola bars with two ingredients added. These are not bad, if I do say so myself.
My 10 year old saw them and her eyes just lit up! She is so excited to taste one. I said she had to wait because I needed to at least get a picture before they are all gone.
That happens a lot. I bake or cook and devour before a single picture is snapped. Sometimes a girl just has to eat!
I have enjoyed this week of Funfetti! It has given me the chance to be a little creative with some basic ingredients and some familiar recipes. Look for tomorrow’s final recipe for Funfetti Week!
FUNFETTI CAKE MIX GRANOLA BARS
YIELDS: 16 bars
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
Ingredients for the granola bar:
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 cups quick oats
1 cup rice Chex Mix cereal
1/4 cup Funfetti cake Mix
3 tablespoons sprinkles
Ingredients for the white chocolate drizzle:
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon shortening
2 tablespoons Funfetti Cake Mix
1. Melt butter, sugar and honey.
2. Boil till all sugar has dissolved. Add Funfetti cake mix and stir.
3. Take off heat and add oats and cereal to butter mixer. Add sprinkles and mix.
4. Press into 8X8 ungreased pan.
5. Refrigerate for 5 minutes till set.
6. Melt white chocolate over double boiler.
7. Add shortening to thin out. Then add Funfetti cake mix. Stir till there are no lumps.
8. Drizzle over bars. Set for 5 minutes. Cut and ENJOY!