Sea Foam Salad is the perfect no bake dessert anytime of the year! We love for around the holidays! Just a few simple ingredients and it is ready to go!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
If you are stopping by for the first time this post was written back in 2013 and updated in text in 2019! Thank you to YOU! For all of those who come back time and time again to see what I have come up with week after week! It really means so much to me!!
I can not even tell you how many times my kids request this even when it is not the holidays! I don’t blame them! It’s sweet and very kid friendly!
What I will say is that this is not watergate salad! This is made with jello and not pudding! It’s really different but because of the color people tend to confuse it!
WHAT IS SEA FOAM SALAD?
What exactly is Sea Foam Salad? Well basically it is this 4 ingredient wonderful tasting dessert that is quick to fix and even quicker to eat! It has crushed pineapple, lime jell-o, cream cheese and cool whip! My mom always had this salad on the buffet table for Thanksgiving.
She would always put it not on the dessert table but the actually food table. Maybe because it is called salad, I am not really sure why but it was always the first thing I needed on my plate.
What I love about this is that you can use any flavor of jell-o. I have made it with orange and strawberry too. My kids want it blue so I think my next adventure is Blue Raspberry!
What are the ingredients?
- Jello (any flavor but lime is best)
- Crushed pineapple (from a can and keep the juice!)
- Cream cheese. Sorry but this is a must! My sister hates anything cream cheese but it’s key!
- Cool whip. Again sorry not the homemade kind. The one from the tub. It’s not the same as whipping cream.
And that’s it! Simple and easy!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 3 oz box lime jello gelatin
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz cool whip
- Drain crushed pineapple. Reserve the juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add cream cheese. Set aside.
- In small pot add pineapple juice and jello.
- Bring to a boil while constantly stirring to dissolve the jello.
- Pour over cream cheese. Using a fork break up the cream cheese and mix with the jello.
- Allow it to gel in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to 60 minutes.
- Add pineapple and cool whip. Stir well together. Allow to set for 60 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator till ready to serve. ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*