One of my all time favorite cookies is my Grandmother’s Cream Cookies. A Christmas season never goes by without us baking them all together. This season I cranked it up a notch and added peppermint to them to give you Peppermint Cream Cookies!
I actually shared this basic recipe with you last year. Like I have said before I do not recall anyone ever adding anything different to the dough of this recipe. It has always been the same, just different shapes and sprinkles on the top. Well I have been know to always do things differently. So when I was thinking about how I wanted to do these cookies, peppermint was a natural choice. My new current obsession has been Andes baking chips. I love those little guys and they help up pretty well, while I rolled out the dough, shaped it, cut it and baked it.This year I am also doing something different! I’ve teamed up with 11 other bloggers in a virtual cookie exchange. We are each sharing a cookie recipe on our blog today. These twelve cookie recipes will keep you baking until Christmas. Please click on each individual link for the recipe.
- Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Night Owl Blog
- Jam Thumbprints and Tea Cakes from Hungry Girl Por Vida
- Popcorn Cookies from Betsy Life
- Peppermint White Chocolate Covered Oreos from Mommifried
- Peanut Butter Heath Cookies from Whatcha Makin’ Now
- Peppermint Cream Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- White Chocolate Ganache Filled Cookies from Dessert Now Dinner Later
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread from Joyful Scribblings
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Cup of Kate
- Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cakes from Meegan Makes
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Cookies from What Katie’s Baking
- Grandma’s Sugar Cookies from Writer Mom Blog
Don’t they all look so great! Can’t wait to get baking again! ENJOY!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
Facebook | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ | Twitter
Peppermint Cream Cookies
traditional cream cookies cut into candy cane shapes that taste like peppermint!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Andes peppermint baking chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare 2 cookie sheets using a sheet of parchment paper.
- In mixer beat shortening and sugar. Add in egg and mix.
- In separate small bowl dissolve baking soda into sour cream.
- Alternate adding flour and sour cream into mixing bowl.
- Incorporate all for a nice soft dough. Stir in baking chips. Put on counter top.
- Roll the dough out using more flour if needed so it is not sticky.
- Use candy cane cookie cutters to make your shapes.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edge of cookie is brown.
I love anything peppermint. Thanks for sharing. These look delish.
Thanks Meegan! Me too!
I’m all about the peppermint! Pinning for later! Thanks for sharing!
Me too Crystal! Thanks!
Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
Peppermint & Sour Cream Cookies?! Great combo! Cute little candy canes too 🙂
These are darling and sound yummy too. There is nothing better than a “grandma recipe!”
I agree, nothing better!! Thanks Tahny!
Consuelo @ Honey & Figs
These cookies look really delicious! And short ingredients lists are perfect this (busy!) time of the year.
Thanks for sharing, and have a lovely weekend! : )
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking
These look so easy and yummy, Nancy! Lovely little Christmas cookies!
They are pretty easy! Thanks Georgia!
Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen
Mm love these peppermint cookies, what a great idea!!
Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl
Great looking cookies, plus I love Andes – can’t wait to taste a few of these!
I love Andes too! Thanks Pamela!
Erin | The Law Student's Wife
These are so festive and perfect for the holidays!
Gloria @ Simply Gloria
I love recipes that are generations old. These kind of cookies are definitely looking very Christmas-y!
[email protected] in the Kitchen
Cute cookies!! I like that they look like candy canes!! Stopping over from Marvelous Mondays!!!
My favorite part about these are the candy cane shapes! Thanks Renee!
I love peppermint. These are great Nancy!
These look great! Pinned! 🙂
Thank you Diane!
Nibbles By Nic
Thanks so much for stopping by MUNCHING MONDAYS!!! Your cookies look divine and I cannot wait to make them for the holidays 🙂 I love peppermint Warmest, NCI
These look so good! Thanks for sharing at Talking Tuesday,
Thanks Mary Ellen!
Thanks for linking up to Talking Tuesday, hope to see you next week with another great dish! love the cookies! xoxo San
Julie @ This Gal Cooks
This is a lovely little treat, Nancy! And I love your little snowman mug. Too cute!
Dear Nancy, Stopping by from Whimsy Wednesday. These cookies are cute and festive idea for the holidays. Have a merry Christmas. Blessings, Catherine
Merry Christmas to you too Catherine!
This is a great group of recipes. The peppermint cream sounds delicious. Thanks for linking to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party. Hope to see you next time.
Thank you Cynthia! It is one of my favorites!
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life
What a great idea to give the peppermint taste to the cookies! Glad I’m not the only one obsessed with those chips 😉