One of my all time favorite cookies is my Grandmother’s Cream Cookies. A Christmas season never goes by without us baking them all together. This season I cranked it up a notch and added peppermint to them to give you Peppermint Cream Cookies!
I actually shared this basic recipe with you last year. Like I have said before I do not recall anyone ever adding anything different to the dough of this recipe. It has always been the same, just different shapes and sprinkles on the top. Well I have been know to always do things differently. So when I was thinking about how I wanted to do these cookies, peppermint was a natural choice. My new current obsession has been Andes baking chips. I love those little guys and they help up pretty well, while I rolled out the dough, shaped it, cut it and baked it.This year I am also doing something different! I’ve teamed up with 11 other bloggers in a virtual cookie exchange. We are each sharing a cookie recipe on our blog today. These twelve cookie recipes will keep you baking until Christmas. Please click on each individual link for the recipe.
- Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Night Owl Blog
- Jam Thumbprints and Tea Cakes from Hungry Girl Por Vida
- Popcorn Cookies from Betsy Life
- Peppermint White Chocolate Covered Oreos from Mommifried
- Peanut Butter Heath Cookies from Whatcha Makin’ Now
- Peppermint Cream Cookies from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- White Chocolate Ganache Filled Cookies from Dessert Now Dinner Later
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread from Joyful Scribblings
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies from Daily Cup of Kate
- Toasted Almond Russian Tea Cakes from Meegan Makes
- Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Cookies from What Katie’s Baking
- Grandma’s Sugar Cookies from Writer Mom Blog
Don’t they all look so great! Can’t wait to get baking again! ENJOY!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
Peppermint Cream Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Andes peppermint baking chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Prepare 2 cookie sheets using a sheet of parchment paper.
- In mixer beat shortening and sugar. Add in egg and mix.
- In separate small bowl dissolve baking soda into sour cream.
- Alternate adding flour and sour cream into mixing bowl.
- Incorporate all for a nice soft dough. Stir in baking chips. Put on counter top.
- Roll the dough out using more flour if needed so it is not sticky.
- Use candy cane cookie cutters to make your shapes.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edge of cookie is brown.