This Easy Orange Cranberry Sauce only takes 15 minutes to cook! With a little sweet and tartness this makes for a delicious side dish!
You guys, I hope you are getting your plans together for your holiday menu. I think I finally have everything decided on what I am going to make, now I’m just waiting for the big day!
I’m curious if you eat cranberry sauce for the holidays? Canned or homemade? I grew up with canned but totally love the homemade version!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
For Thanksgiving there are a few things that MUST be on the table.
- Sea Foam Salad is always on the top of my list. People think its like watergate but this salad is made with jello not pudding.
- Potatoes are an absolute!
- Turkey for sure! We always had turkey for Thanksgiving and ham for Christmas. What about you?
- Loads of vegetables for sure! Collard greens are one of my favorites but what about Brussels sprouts. I’m coming around on this.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY ORANGE SAUCE?
So for this orange cranberry sauce the ingredients are really simple. All you need is cranberries, nutmeg, vanilla, oranges and sugar. So simple and so easy! I can’t stress this enough.
When it’s done the cranberries are slightly mashed. I like them this way. My kids kept telling me I should mash them up a little more but they really loved the flavor.
What does it taste like?
Honestly if you do not like anything tart, this is not for you.
But if you wanted to try and make it more sweet you could. Just bump up the sugar amounts.
I also back off the amount of zest that I used. Originally I went with two teaspoons of zest but I thought it gave it too much orange flavor so I backed it off to one teaspoon.
If you want to double the recipe that is definitely something you can do as well! Just double all of the ingredients!
What to do with the rest of the bag of cranberries?
Because I make a small batch of orange cranberry sauce I need some other recipes to use up the rest of my fresh cranberries. By the way, the fresh cranberries can be frozen and used all year long.
The list can go on and on, but if you need more just check the cranberry list and you will LOVE IT!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products that I love! Thank you for supporting The Bitter Side of Sweet! See my disclosure policy for more info**
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- In a medium pot add cranberries, vanilla, sugar, nutmeg, juice and zest and stir.
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until cranberries are softened.
- Slightly mash cranberries.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips Nylon Potato Masher for Non-Stick Cookware,Black,1 EA
Deiss PRO Citrus Zester & Cheese Grater — Parmesan Cheese Lemon, Ginger, Garlic, Nutmeg, Chocolate, Vegetables, Fruits - Razor-Sharp Stainless Steel Blade, Wide, Dishwasher Safe
MICHELANGELO Saucepan Set with Lid, Nonstick 1Qt & 2Qt Copper Sauce Pan Set with Lid, Small Pot with Lid, Ceramic Nonstick Saucepan Set, Small Sauce Pots, Copper Pot Set - 1Qt & 2Qt
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*
Looking for ways to use up cranberry sauce? Here are a few recipes that I am trying next!
- Cranberry Brie Bites. Seriously guys, brie is the BEST and mixed with cranberries is so good!
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce Oat Breakfast Muffins. This is really a good idea to use cranberry sauce!
- If you make leftover turkey meatballs and add the sauce to make cranberry meatballs then you are totally winning at life! It’s so good!