Start off your holiday breakfast with these Orange Cranberry Turnovers! A perfect combination of sweetness and a little bit of tart!
Welcome back you guys for day 2 of Cranberry Week! So are you ready? Ready for turkey day tomorrow?
I think I am! I did a lot of prepping and freezing ingredients over the last few weeks so today and tomorrow would not be so stressful!
These pumpkin pie turnovers were such a big hit in my house I thought it would be fun to make them with cranberries.
This time I took them to work to let my co-workers enjoy them! They seemed pretty pleased with that, though my family was sad they missed out on getting to eat all of these wonderful turnovers!
I think these would be a great breakfast to wake up to tomorrow! I may even surprise the family with theses! Shhh! Don’t tell them!
So don’t forget to scroll to the bottom and get all of the recipes that we are making today for Cranberry Week and make sure you check out these Cranberry Cheesecake Brownies and these Cranberry Palmiers! ENJOY!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
Orange Cranberry Turnovers #CranberryWeek
- I sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1 cup cranberries washed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons juice from an orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- egg wash
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In small pot, add cranberries, water, orange juice and sugar. Stir and allow for mixture to come to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 10 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated. Cool completely.
- Roll out puff pastry. Cut into 6 equal squares. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Evenly divide cranberry sauce slightly off-center in each square.
- Fold the turnovers in half diagonally, to create triangular turnovers. Press the edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush each with egg wash.
- Bake turnovers for 25 minutes or until golden brown. You may see the filling oozing out.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- For the drizzle, mix powdered sugar, orange zest and 1 tablespoon milk at a time to keep thick consistency.
- Drizzle over turnovers. Serve and ENJOY!
Welcome to #CranberryWeek!
- Braised Short Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry Sauce and Asian Coleslaw from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cranberry & Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (No Bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry London Broil from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Honey Roasted Orange Ricotta Crostini from Take Two Tapas
- Mixed Berry Sorbet from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Orange Cranberry Turnovers by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee