Welcome back you guys for day 2 of Cranberry Week! So are you ready? Ready for turkey day tomorrow?
I think I am! I did a lot of prepping and freezing ingredients over the last few weeks so today and tomorrow would not be so stressful!
These pumpkin pie turnovers were such a big hit in my house I thought it would be fun to make them with cranberries.
I think these would be a great breakfast to wake up to tomorrow! I may even surprise the family with theses! Shhh! Don’t tell them!
Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom to see all of the other recipes for cranberry week! Have a great holiday! ENJOY!
Orange Cranberry Turnovers #CranberryWeek
- I sheet puff pastry thawed
- 1 cup cranberries washed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons juice from an orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- egg wash
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In small pot, add cranberries, water, orange juice and sugar. Stir and allow for mixture to come to a boil.
- Continue to boil for 10 minutes or until all of the liquid has evaporated. Cool completely.
- Roll out puff pastry. Cut into 6 equal squares. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Evenly divide cranberry sauce slightly off-center in each square.
- Fold the turnovers in half diagonally, to create triangular turnovers. Press the edges with a fork to seal.
- Brush each with egg wash.
- Bake turnovers for 25 minutes or until golden brown. You may see the filling oozing out.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- For the drizzle, mix powdered sugar, orange zest and 1 tablespoon milk at a time to keep thick consistency.
- Drizzle over turnovers. Serve and ENJOY!
Welcome to #CranberryWeek, hosted by Caroline’s Cooking and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures. We’ll be sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration. But first, see all the other cranberry recipes being shared today:
- Cranberry & Cornbread Stuffed Pork Chops from Books n’ Cooks
- Cranberry Borscht from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Glazed Pork Loin from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Lemon Curd Tart (no bake, GF) from Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry London Broil from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cranberry Mustard from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Smoothie from The Chef Next Door
- Cranberry Vanilla Bean Donuts from Hostess At Heart
- Graavilõhe from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Brie with Cranberries from Full Belly Sisters
- Mixed Berry Sorbet from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Panko Crusted Chicken with Maple Cranberry Sauce from Family Around The Table
- Sweet Heat Cranberry Spread from Cooking With Carlee