Easy 20 minutes Pear and Ginger Brussels Sprouts, so creamy, so good!
I am honored to be a Stonyfield Clean Plate Club Member. This post is in partnership with Stonyfield. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that allow me to share quality content and recipes with you!
Hey guys, I know you have seen me three times this week! That’s okay I have lots of dishes I want to share with you, hope that is okay??
Sure it is, especially when we have dishes like these brussels sprouts!
I never thought I would like brussels sprouts, I am more of a mac and cheese type person which I was not big on veggies as a kid.
As I have gotten older I have learned to enjoy all kinds of new foods!
When I served these up to my husband he said wow this is just like the bitter side of sweet! Which then we both laughed about! He said there was a little sweet and a little tartness to them.
This is a one pot kind of side dish so it makes this recipe go quick and easy! I added some Oh My Yog! Gingered Pear which helped make these creamy and increase the flavors of the fresh pears and ginger! ENJOY!
Pear and Ginger Brussels Sprouts
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 pound brussels sprouts sliced in half
- 2 cups turkey stock divided
- 1 pear sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 6oz Oh My Yog! Gingered Pear
- salt for taste
- olive oil
- In large skillet on medium high heat add olive oil, onions and salt for taste. Allow to cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add brussels sprouts. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in 1 cup turkey stock and allow to continue to cook for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Turn down heat to medium low and add cranberries, pears and 1 cup turkey stock. Cover.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Remove lid and add heavy cream, Oh My Yog! Gingered Pear and fresh ginger. Stir till all flavors are incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve! ENJOY!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at: