Indulge in a bite of heaven with our delicious Nutella donut holes recipe. These baked treats are easy to make and perfect for any day.
Nutella desserts are insanely good! They are easy to make and will satify any sweet tooth!I love that combination of hazelnut and chocolate together!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
If you have been around here long enough you will know that I LOVE Nutella! I’ve added it to cheesecake, cookies, and popcorn!
The first time I had Nutella was in Italy and I had no idea what it was! This amazing hazlenut cocoa spread is massed produced in Italy by one of the leading brands, Nutella! It’s creamy and delicious!
Making these for Fat Tuesday was a given! Other recipes that I make for Mardi Gras:
- Lemon Donut Holes! Full of lemon zest!
- Puff Pastry Beignets. Fried puff pastry dipped in powdered sugar. Super easy to make! I have an air fryer beignets version as well!
HOW TO MAKE NUTELLA DONUT HOLES
- Dry ingredients. This consist of all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Wet ingredients. This includes pure vanilla extract, milk, egg, and the optional use of oil.
- Nutella. You’ll use this for piping inside the finished donut.
- Cinnamon and sugar mixture. You’ll roll the donut holes in this mixture.
- Butter. Brushing each donut hole with butter or you can use a non aerosol butter spray as well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in egg, vanilla extract, and milk.
- Scoop out into a mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 mins.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove the donut holes from the pan and immediately roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place Nutella in piping bag. Poke hole in side of donut. Pipe into the center of the donut hole.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutella donut holes are small, bite-sized treats made with Nutella and dough that is normally fried or baked until golden brown (this version is baked). They are coated in a cinnamon-sugar mixture and stuffed with Nutella!
How do I make these donut holes?
For these Nutella donut holes you make the mixture and bake them. When cooled you will brush with butter, dip in a cinnamon-sugar mixture and pipe in a dollop of Nutella.
Yes, Nutella donut holes can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2-3 days. They can also be frozen and reheated in the oven or microwave.
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products that I love! Thank you for supporting The Bitter Side of Sweet! See my disclosure policy for more info**
Nutella Donut Holes
Sweet, indulgent Nutella Donut Holes! Baked to golden perfection, dipped in cinnamon sugar and stuffed with creamy Nutella.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanila extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Stir till combined.
- Divide evenly into muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool for five minutes.
- Melt butter and brush over the tops of the donut holes. Flip the donuts in the pan and brush the bottoms.
- Roll each donut in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pipe in nutella.
- Serve and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*
Leave a Reply