Raspberry Butter Cookies are sweet, simple, and perfect for gifting. Light, crisp butter cookies with a dollop of raspberry jam are great with a cup of tea!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
When it comes to desserts, cookies happen to be my first choice if I am going to be doing any baking! They are just so easy to throw together and bake up.
When I made these Italian Butter Cookies for you guys over the holiday season, let me just say, you loved them!
I never knew that they would be such a hit, but I can totally understand why
They were a huge hit in my house, especially with my hubby who is Italian. So, when I was thinking about making another batch of these cookies, I started thinking about other cookies that can be found in Italian bakeries.
A cookie with jam came to mind. You will find lots of cookies with different flavors such as apricot, peach, strawberry and raspberry.
Never fear you will always find chocolate as well!
Is it easy to make these cookies? Now that I’ve made them a few times they have definitely gotten easier.
A few more tips to consider:
For one, it is super important that your butter is really soft. Not melted but close. This helps when you are piping the cookies onto your sheet pan.
Secondly, make sure your egg is also at room temperature. This helps to make sure all of your ingredients are the same temperature.
What type of tip to use to pipe?
When it comes to piping them, I always use a Wilton 1M, rose swirl tip. It is pretty much the only tip I use, and I own about three of them.
It just makes the prettiest swirls ever! Do you need to use a tip? No, you actually do not.
I made little button cookies with this dough as well and they came out so cute!
What kind of jam do I use?
When it comes to jam, I pretty much just used whatever we had at the house but my preferred was seedless raspberry jam.
I definitely did not want any seeds in the center of my cookies. Also, strawberry jam is so good in these cookies as well.
For the cooking time, you will need to watch your oven once it hits 8 minutes.
The edges can brown pretty quickly so watch them closely!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
These Raspberry Butter Cookies Recipe originally appeared on Food Fanatic!
- 10 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and sugar together until creamy. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix until creamy.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder. Mix into butter mixture until incorporated.
- Put cookie dough into a pastry bag and pipe into cookie shapes.
- Press tiny indent into the center of each cookie.
- Pipe in 1/8 teaspoon jam into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
More raspberry recipes from around the web!
- Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Bars! I am obsessed with cheesecake! It’s so creamy and good but I really love the flavors of lemon and raspberry together!
- You know me, I am not a big breakfast eater but when there is coffee cake around, I’m ready for it! This Raspberry Cream Cheese Crumb Cake works perfect for brunch!
- I don’t really have to say to much about this Raspberry Chocolate Tart! It pretty much speaks for itself! So decadent!
- Saving this Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt for when the weather is warmer!
- I do individual desserts pretty often at home so loving these Individual Lemon Raspberry Parfaits!