Toss together this Radicchio Pear Walnut Salad topped with a little balsamic vinegar to get an easy 20 minutes dish!
Happy Sunday you guys! I am so excited about this salad! One it is super simple to throw together as all salads typically are and two you get to learn a little something about radicchio today!
My first experience with radicchio was one of the first times I sat in my MIL house before my hubby and I were married. I had never seen or heard of it before then. Honestly at first I didn’t even like it. It is an Italian chicory to it can be a little on the spicy side when you eat it.
For me salad was always iceberg lettuce with tomatoes and grated carrots.
It was served that say with some plump tomatoes, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I was not impressed but it was different. Different then what I was used to but over time I got over it being different and now it is one of my favorites to eat!
So let’s talk about where it comes from. Most of the radicchio we get in America is from Chioggia, Italy. What excites me about this is because it is located in the Veneto region of Italy where my hubby is from. This is one of their regions pride and joy crops.
I experienced Chioggia a few times in my life. This is where my hubby’s family goes to the beach. It is a lovely place and we have so many fond family memories from there!
Putting this salad together is extremely easy. I decided to roast my pears and you know what? It made them taste like candy. It is seriously amazing! So the roasted pears compliment the tartness of the radicchio and a little nutty flavor from the walnuts you have a well rounded salad! ENJOY!
Radicchio Pear Walnut Salad
- 1 head radicchio head
- 1 bosc pear washed, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt for taste
- shaved parmesan optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pears in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut the radicchio in half lengthwise and remove the core and stem end. Separate leaves into bowl.
- Dice pears and add to bowl.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Top salad with olive oil, vinegar and salt. Mix till completely incorporated. Top with parmesan.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Amish Ham Salad from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Arugula, Butternut & White Bean Salad with Maple Vinaigrette from Pook’s Pantry
- Arugula Salad with Maple Vinaigrette from Cooking Chat
- Beet Terrine from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Blood Orange and Salmon Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Blood Orange, Beet, and Apple Salad with Goat Cheese and Citrus Honey Vinaigrette from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Blue Cheese and Pear Salad from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Breakfast Salad from Our Good Life
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with White Bean Dressing and Pecan Crisps from Beauty and the Beets
- Chill Chasing Matchstick Vegetable Pasta Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Roasted Root Vegetables and Bacon from MyGourmetConnection
- Citrus Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cobb Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Colorful Veggie Filled Quinoa with a Ginger-Lemon Dressing from Positively Stacy
- Crunchy Beet & Arugula Salad from The Crumby Cupcake
- Escarole and Roasted Broccoli Salad with Anchovy Dressing from The Texan New Yorker
- Farro Salad with Roasted Squash, Radicchio and Lemon-Tahini Dressing from Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Chicken Salad from Real Food Real Deals
- Hot German Hot Noodle Salad from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Kale Salad with Lemony Tahini Dressing from My Life Cookbook
- Lemony Couscous Lentil Salad from Magnolia Days
- Low-Carb Spinach Breakfast Salad from Life Tastes Good
- Mandarin Tossed Salad from Meal Planning Magic
- Orange and Walnut Baby Spinach Salad w/ Quinoa and Citrus Vinaigrette from The Freshman Cook
- Quinoa Salad with Apples, Pecans and Dried Cranberries from The Chef Next Door
- Radicchio Pear Walnut Salad from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pearl Couscous Salad from Mysavoryspoon
- Roasted Savoy Cabbage Slaw with Spicy Bacon Dressing from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Squash and Cabbage Salad with Crispy Chick Peas from Monica’s Table
- Shredded Beet Salad from Wholistic Woman
- Simple Arugula, Fennel and Leek Salad with Citrus from Simply Healthy Family
- Simple Spinach Cobb Salad With Lardons from And She Cooks
- Spinach Citrus Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette from From Gate to Plate
- Warm Balsamic Steak Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing from Momma’s Meals
- Warm Cabbage Salad with Bacon and Goat Cheese from Nik Snacks
- Warm Cauliflower Spinach Salad with Pancetta from Taste and See
- Warm Potato and Broccoli Buffalo Salad from Sweet Mornings
- Warm Potato Salad with Arugula, Bacon and Brown Butter from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Warm Steak Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from Family Foodie
- Wilted Lettuce Salad from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Winter BLT Panzanella Salad from Hardly a Goddess
- Winter Citrus and Endive Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Winter Fruit Salad from Pies and Plots
- Winter Kale and Wild Rice Salad from Moore or Less Cooking
- Winter Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Winter Salad with Fennel, Apple, Goat Cheese and Radishes from Delaware Girl Eats
- Winter Squash Quinoa Salad from Kitchen Gidget
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Wild Rice Salad plus more Winter Salad Recipes #SundaySupper from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.