Want to know a fun way to start off your day! Maybe add a little color to your brighten day! Try these Red Velvet Cake Mix Waffles!
Waffles are definitely my jam when it comes to breakfast! Other than pancakes, donuts and muffins!
Valentine’s Day was the perfect day to make these for the kids! They LOVED them that we made them a couple of times.
I decided to make them heart shaped because, why not!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
For a while now I have been looking for a great waffle recipe that is versatile and can with stand anything I want to add to it.
Luckily I have finally found it!
Carrie at Frugal Foodie Mama has a great recipe that you can put together ahead of time and then when you are ready to make your waffles all you have to do is add in some wet ingredients and BAM! You are done.
I made cake mix waffles before for my daughters birthday so when I saw a red velvet cake mix I thought it might be a good fit for this recipe.
I tweaked it the second time around that I made them to so it could produce 4 really big Belgium waffles! Happy Valentine’s Day and ENJOY!
If you are looking for more quick Valentine’s Day treats check out these!
Valentine’s Day Treats:
- Raspberry Chocolate Hand Pies are always a favorite! Made with puff pastry and so easy!
- This Lemon Raspberry Danish are so tasty and also made with puff pastry!
- Easy Strawberry Crisp is super simple to throw together and doesn’t have a lot of added sugar!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup red velvet cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Add all ingredients to your mixing bowl.
- Mix for 2 minutes. Batter will have a few lumps.
- Using 1/2 measuring cup pour mixture into waffle iron.
- Cook according to waffle iron directions. Mine Belgium Waffle iron takes 3 minutes to cook waffles.
For the chocolate drizzle I used:
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup melted chocolate chips
whisk together till creamy and incorporated.
Recipe adapted from http://www.thefrugalfoodiemama.com/2013/04/homemade-belgian-waffle-mix.html
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 12g