These Raspberry Chocolate Hand Pies are the perfect mini size desserts that will have you wanting to make more! They’re a sweet bite for Valentine’s Day.
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
I seriously could not stop eating them because i think raspberry and chocolate go so well together!
This time of year you tend to see more strawberry and chocolate recipes popping up all over the internet because of Valentine’s Day. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE that combination together but the raspberries have my heart!
The only thing that can tend to mess it up are the seeds. Those suckers can add a crunch to a recipe that you might not expect or want. That is why when I made these I used seedless raspberry jam. I was definitely thinking about the end bite on this one!
Awhile back I was telling you how I found puff pastry at Trader Joe’s and I was obsessed with it! Boy let me tell you, I am living in a state of disappointment. I went to my local store and they informed me it was a seasonal item! I thought I would fall out on the floor right there! How in the world could it be a seasonal item when I use it all year long. Oh my frustration is beyond measure but do not worry, I will get over it!
One of these days I will stop complaining and make my own. I don’t know the thought of using all of that butter to have something that may or may not turn out kind of scares me but that is what this adventure in baking is all about, right?
HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY CHOCOLATE HAND PIES
- Puff pastry: the ingredient that holds this all together!
- Raspberry jam: get the seedless jam, you’ll thank me later!
- Chocolate chips: you can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or pretty much anything that you think goes well with raspberry.
- Egg wash: the egg wash glues the pastry together so it doesn’t open up during the baking process.
- Roll the puff pastry out and then you’ll use a medium size cookie cutter to cut circles out.
- Place on your baking sheet and use the egg wash on the edges
- Fill the center with your raspberry jam.
- Fold over, press together with a fork and use egg wash again.
- Baked and then drizzle with chocolate! DELISH!
NOTES & STORAGE:
So these raspberry chocolate hand pies were a little tricky because they wanted to open up on me. At first they came out of the oven looking like clam shells but that is easily fixed. My tips are to just put the hand pies in the freezer for 5 minutes before baking them and also make sure you really press the edges together with a fork! You should be good to go then!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products that I love! Thank you for supporting The Bitter Side of Sweet! See my disclosure policy for more info**
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Lightly flour a working surface. Unfold puff pastry and roll from the center with rolling pin. Cut 10-3” circles with cookie cutter and place on baking sheet.
- Whisk egg and water together. Brush the edges of the circle with pastry brush.
- Spoon a teaspoon of jam into the center of each circle. Fold in half meeting the edges together. Crimp edges with a fork.
- Brush the tops with egg wash.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and cool for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime melt chocolate chips over double boiler.
- Pour in pastry bag and drizzle over the top of each pie.
- Serve and ENJOY!
TIPS: If pies open up during baking, place uncooked pies in freezer for 5 minutes before baking them and also make sure you really press the edges together with a fork!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*