Take a classic pound cake and add summer strawberries to it to make a delicious moist cake! This Strawberry Sour Cream Pound cake will not disappoint!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
You guys, this is one of my all time favorite pound cakes to make! My mom makes it every time our family gets together but she does a classic version! I’ve attempted it but I add different flavors to it.
I used Adam’s Extract Strawberry Flavor just to give it an added strawberry flavor! It worked great because I had strawberry flavor in every bite! Just perfect!
This Strawberry Sour Cream Pound Cake is by far my favorite so far! It’s the perfect way to use up those summer berries!
This week I am doing Summer Dessert Week with a handful of bloggers! Don’t forget to scroll down and check out all of the recipes!
My first recipe I made was Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza! I also make this mixed berry crisp and this banana pudding no bake cheesecake! It was a hit with the family and would definitely be with yours! ENJOY!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
Strawberry Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Adam's Extract Strawberry flavor
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray loaf pan with no stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl add butter and sugar. Mix slowly till incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix in extract.
- Sift together flour and baking soda.
- Mix flour into mixture alternating with sour cream until all is incorporated.
- Stir in berries.
- Pour into loaf pan. Top with a few sliced strawberries (optional).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve and ENJOY!
***** Please know that I have a gas oven so my cakes tend to cook quicker. Yours may need extra time. If cooking in an electric oven start checking it at 45 minutes for doness.****
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn S’mores Ice Cream Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Happylicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Parfait from Desserts Required
- Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from A Blender Mom
- Mermaid Pudding Pops from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Coconut Lime Pound Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Old Fashioned Cocktail Upside Down Cake from Forking Up
- No Bake Lemonade Pie from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart from Eat Move Make
- Strawberry Sour Cream Pound Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Grocery Store Iced Oatmeal Cookies from The Beard and The Baker
- Cream Cheese Pastry with Almond Filling from Shockingly Delicious
- S’mores Pizza from Daily Dish Recipes
- S’mores Cookie Bars from The Domestic Kitchen
Damn that looks good. Love the stripe of strawberries on top too.
Renee - Kudos Kitchen
This looks light and delicious!
Dorothy at Shockinglydelish
What a treat! There is something so decdent about a pound cake!
Please add me to your blog. I would love to receive all of your new posts. When I tried to subscribe all it would keep saying is that the email address requested to unscribe. This is not at all what I want. Love all of your recipies.
Hi Catherine, you should be getting an email about access your subscription so you can opt-in to emails. Right now on my end it say that you have opted out. Let me know how it works. A new post is going out tomorrow so you should get an email from me sometime before 12 eastern standard time! Thanks!
How can I make this a diabetic recipe?
Hi Mary, thanks for your question. I have no idea. I do not have that kind of diet/lifestyle but I am sure those who do, know the best way to substitute sugars and other ingredients to fit their needs. Thanks!
What size loaf pan are you using ? Nothing specified in Recipe ……
Hi Linda, I use a 9 X 5. Thanks!
I can’t wait for this to come out of the oven as it smells fantastic but it has taken way longer than 30 minutes to cook – do you have a convection oven?
Hi Amanda, I actually have a gas oven and it does tend to cook things faster than an electric oven. I’ll make sure to notate that in the recipe! Thanks!
Can i use vanilla extract instead?
Hi Caroline, yes you can use any extract you’d like!