This Pumpkin Spice Latte taste just like the big chains! You can easily make it at home for the same great taste!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
This latte is so easy to make at home, you won’t need to make a special trip to your favorite coffee shop to have it! With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes, it’s ready!
This pumpkin spice latte is one of my all time favorites to drink during the fall and winter seasons! Why we only drink it during these times is beyond me, but I totally guilty of it too! I keep canned pumpkin in my cabinets all year round but I don’t always use it.
So what is a latte?
It’s a classic coffee drink normally made with espresso and steamed milk. Equally delicious with just a touch of sweetener but It’s also delicious when we give it an upgrade using pumpkin.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE:
- Milk: You may use any choice of milk in this. Whole milk helps with making this super creamy and rich, but 2% or even unsweetened almond milk would work.
- Pumpkin: Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- Maple syrup: This helps to sweetened your drink.
- Vanilla yogurt: Adds a creamy texture to the latte. This is completely optional!
- Vanilla extract: This adds a nice woody flavor to the latte.
- Pumpkin pie spice: This adds all the wonderful spices that you would find in a pie!
- Espresso or ½ cup strong coffee: I totally suggest espresso because this is the primary coffee we drink and we prefer it. Strong brewed coffee works great too!
- GARNISHES: I’ve topped this with whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Makes this so good!!
- In a small to medium saucepan add the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, and yogurt. Heat over medium heat until steaming.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spices and vanilla and whisk well.
- Pour into your favorite coffee mug and add the coffee or espresso and stir gently.
- Optional garnish you can top with whipped cream and some extra pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
Can I use any milk?
Yes, any milk works well including plant-based milks.
Do I need the yogurt?
No, it does add some thickness and creaminess but you can certainly leave it out if you wish.
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 3/4 cup of 2% milk, or any kind
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 shots of espresso or 1/2 cup strong coffee
- In a medium saucepan add the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, and yogurt. Heat over medium heat until steaming.
- Remove from heat and stir in spices and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Pour into your favorite coffee mug. Add coffee. Stir gently.
- OPTIONAL: garnish with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Can I use any milk? Yes, any milk works well including plant-based milk.
Do I need the yogurt? No, you can leave the yogurt out but it adds some thickness and creaminess.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 7g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*