These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy! Loaded with chocolate chips and a touch of cinnamon these cookies are so easy to make!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Cookies happen to be our favorite dessert around here!
Seriously, there are so many different types that you can make, what’s not to love! These are the perfect way to get the kids into the kitchen and help you bake!
Awhile ago I shared with you these toffee chocolate chip cookies and because they were such a hit I’ve been making this same recipe over and over again.
If you like white chocolate, these white chocolate oatmeal raisin cookies are THE BEST! Seriously can’t get enough of these either!
What ingredients to use?
- butter is essential to making most cookies. I like to use unsalted butter and not margarine.
- all purpose flour works best for this recipe
- egg! This recipe only calls for one egg. Make sure it is at room temperature.
- for the chocolate chips, you could go with any kind. I usually use semi-sweet but will sometimes use dark or milk chocolate.
Why melt the butter?
One thing you have to understand. I currently live in Minnesota and honestly I can never get my butter to come to room temperature. Also I don’t have a microwave so using that to soften it, is kind of out of the question. So I made a cookie with melted butter! Saves time when I get a craving for warm chocolate chip cookies that I can make at any time!
How to make cookies!
For the making the cookies you simply need to whisk together your butter and sugars. Next, whisk in your wet ingredients! Stir in the dry ingredients and it is simple done!
Lastly, these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are so easy my kids can make them and so can you!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 stick butter, melted (8 tablespoons)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl add butter and sugars. Whisk till incorporated.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon till incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
G & S Metal Products Company ProBake Teflon Xtra Nonstick Cookie Sheet Baking Pan, 15.5"x10.2"x2.1", Gray
Silicone Baking Mats - Nonstick Large Baking Mat Set of 3-2 Half Sheets Mats (11 5/8" x 16 1/2") + 1 Quarter Sheets - Extra Thick Reusable Bakeware Mats for Cookies, Pastry, Bread, Bun, Fondant
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk
More cookies recipes with melted butter!
- Soft and chewy sugar cookies sound delightful! Simple ingredients and bake up in about 12 minutes!
- Brown butter chocolate chunk cookies! If you have never had brown butter in your baked goods, go now and make them! Using the brown butter adds a nutty flavor to them that is so delicious!
- Chewy snickerdoodle recipe! Cinnamon and sugar are so perfect together in these cookies!