Last week I was on a hunt for fresh cranberries. I looked at three different stores with no luck. I was texting my friend to have her keep an eye for them.
I actually got worried that maybe there was a shortage or something like the pumpkin shortage of 2012! Have no fear they are now popping up in all my favorite stores and the first thing I made was these cranberry pecan muffins.
My daughter had an early morning play date last week and of course they wanted a tea party. So I whipped up these muffins and we scarfed them down.
The last time she had a tea party we made these blueberry muffins. This time I wanted to use what I had on hand, so I grab some cranberries and pecans. This muffin recipe worked out well because it makes 24 muffins. It made me think these might work well for a breakfast or brunch if you are feeding a lot of peoples. ENJOY!
WANT TO CONNECT MORE WITH THEBITTERSIDEOFSWEET? FOLLOW AT:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- FOR PECAN TOPPING:
- 1 stick melted butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cups crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 375º. Grease two -12 cup muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
- In mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and brown sugar. Mix for one minute.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk and melted butter.
- Add to flour mixture. Mix for 20 seconds or until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Using 1/4 cup measuring cup. Divide into muffin cups.
- In a small pot add 1 stick butter. Melt and bring to a boil. Whisk in brown sugar until incorporated. Stir in pecans.
- Evenly divide pecan topping to the top of each muffin.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for two minutes before removing.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.