Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies made with greek yogurt and whole white wheat flour with a chocolate ganache filling that is perfect for holiday baking!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Sorry I have been away guys! I’ve been sick! If you know anything about me, I do not get sick too often but this time around it really hit me. I had to take a nap.
I NEVER take naps. But it was good. I rested and finally yesterday I started to feel myself again. Apparently everyone else thought too!
My coworkers and hubby were all glad to see that I finally had color in my face again. I guess I had been walking around looking like a zombie. I know if I looked like how I felt then that pretty much describes it!
Let me tell you something about these cookies. I made them three times. I did, but not because I necessarily wanted to make them three times it just happened. The cookies kept spreading on me, which was not a good thing.
If you know anything about thumbprint cookies, they are not supposed to spread. So I to rework the recipe until I got it right.
So glad that I did because these were the perfect way to start off my holiday baking!
For the recipe I use organic whole white wheat flour and greek yogurt! I think it helped make these thumbprint cookies soft, moist and perfect!
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make an recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Organic Whole White Wheat Flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- crushed candy cane
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with Silpat.
- In mixer add butter, yogurt and sugar. Mix till creamy and smooth.
- Add egg. Continue to mix. Add peppermint.
- Slowly add in flour and baking powder.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Press thumb into center.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to completely cool.
- In small pot add chocolate chips and whipping cream.
- Allow to come to a boil over medium heat and stir till smooth. Cool.
- Fill center of cookie with chocolate.
- Top with crushed candy cane and sprinkles.
If center of cookie rises during baking, gently push back down after removing from oven.
Recipe adapted from http://www.thespiffycookie.com/2014/11/11/greek-yogurt-thumprint-cookies-4th-blogiversary-giveaway/