This Banana Chocolate Nut Bread is an easy and delicious quick bread! A one bowl recipe, loaded with nuts and chocolate chips!
When we decide to bake, I try to keep in mind what I have in my freezer! You see, we bake and then freeze half the recipe so we can pull it out at another time to enjoy.
This banana chocolate nut bread freezes perfectly! The kids will pull out a slice, microwave it for a few seconds and then pure heaven happens!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
If you have been around here awhile you will know that I am all about the quick breads! What is a quick bread? Basically it is a bread that is made with either baking soda or baking powder instead of yeast!
Some of my favorite quick breads is this apple zucchini bread! Loaded with apples and freshly grated zucchini, perfect for using up garden fresh zucchini.
Also this caramel apple bread! Perfectly delicious fall like flavors!
You can never go wrong with a classic banana bread! Just the flavors of banana and a touch of cinnamon!
HOW TO MAKE BANANA CHOCOLATE NUT BREAD:
recipe adapted from here
Dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon
Bananas: the star of the show! Adds flavor and compliments the other ingredients.
Wet ingredients: granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, eggs, pure vanilla extract.
Sour cream: This helps your bread stay tender and moist. You can use nonfat plain Greek yogurt in the bread instead.
Mix-ins: Semisweet chocolate chips, if using mini chocolate chips 1/2 cup) and chopped pecans.
1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In one large bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In another large bowl mix together banana, sugar, brown sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla.
4. Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir well till all is incorporated.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour into loaf pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
7. Cool before removing from pan. Cut and ENJOY!
NOTES & STORAGE:
Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days in airtight container.
Freeze in airtight container for up to 3 months. Allow to defrost completely. Can be warmed in microwave for 10 seconds.
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products that I love! Thank you for supporting The Bitter Side of Sweet! See my disclosure policy for more info**
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, if using mini chocolate chips 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 9x5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In one large bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl mix together banana, sugar, brown sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir well till all is incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool before removing from pan. Cut and ENJOY!
recipe adapted from here
*substitutions: you can swi
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 5g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*