Your breakfast this winter just got an upgrade with these Cranberry Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins! With the combination of cranberries and dark chocolate you’ll be asking for seconds!
I have become a fast learner to loving all things related to breakfast, especially when it comes to muffins! Don’t get me wrong, I love a good pancake every now and then. Especially these peanut butter chocolate pancakes!
These Cranberry Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins are no different! They are so tasty!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Before we lose the ability to buy fresh cranberries I needed to squeeze in one more recipe for you!
I have been sitting on these for awhile so I figured it was time to share them!
I think I may have a few still in my freezer as well!
When I started out keeping my freezer stock with muffins I came up with all different types of variations!
You can make so many different combinations of these muffins that it doesn’t matter what fruit you have at home! You can also store them in freeze and enjoy them for months and months!
- I made these blueberry oatmeal muffins, which are my kids favorites.
- These pumpkin oatmeal muffins ended up being my favorite with the crumb topping!
- Don’t forget about these apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins! Delicious!
So I decided to go with dark chocolate in these because my hubby requested it! He is a big dark chocolate fan and I am so glad too! These turned out way better than I hoped for!
We loved the richness of the dark chocolate with the tanginess of the cranberries. These muffins are not too sweet but just the right amount!
I thought they were a perfect combination with each other! So tell me? What kind of muffin would you make?
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- In a medium size pot, melt butter. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and milk into melted butter. Set aside.
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda and sugar. Set aside.
- Stir in butter mixture.
- Stir in cranberries and chocolate.
- Scoop into muffin liners.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 224mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Because I am such a big fan of cranberry flavored breakfast items here are a few that are worthy of trying out!
- Cranberry Breakfast Cake! Cake for breakfast? Yes, please!
- Light Cranberry Orange Pancakes! We do pancakes every weekend so this is a must!
- This Cranberry Orange Bread has been all over the internet and makes me drool every time I see it!