So far this summer I have had a chance to hang out down south visiting my family and staying at the beach. My family and I have had a blast and can’t wait to see what the rest of the summer has to offer!
Before I left for my trip I took advantage of the seasonal produce that was available to me and made this Apple Blueberry Galette!
Last summer I spent A LOT of time making galettes. You may remember this peach honey pecan galette, which is one of my favorites. Another one was this whole wheat strawberry galette. I actually have a video for it so you should definitely check it out!
I had not used the combination of apples and blueberries before but I thought they went really well together! Topped of with the almonds makes it just perfect!
A few tips about the galette:
- Refrigerating the dough really helps as it allows the butter to get cold again for you roll the dough out later.
- I try and place the fruit as far as to the edge as possible so when I am folding the edge over it has fruit underneath it. If you don’t you will just be eating dough over dough.
- This is so versatile that you can basically use any fruit!
What fruit combination would you like to see next?
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- For the crust:
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- For the filling:
- 2 green apples, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup honey
- slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixer, using the flat blade, add flour and butter. Mix till it is crumbly. Slowly add in water and 2 tablespoons honey till combined.
- Roll in disc and cover in plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 mins.
- When crust is ready, roll out dough into an 9 inch circle. Place on baking sheet.
- Place apple slices down first, then top with blueberries in the center of dough and fold up the edges leaving the center free.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- When done sprinkle with almonds.
- Allow to cool, cut and ENJOY!