Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette has simple ingredients and taste great and no added sugar!
Happy Sunday all! It has been awhile since I posted on a Sunday but I couldn’t wait to share this with you!
Have you ever heard of a galette before? At first I thought it was an Italian dessert but after talking about it with my hubby and then looking online I found out it is French. In Italy the word for rice cakes is gallette di riso, which is why I was confused at first.
This dessert kind of reminds of an opened face sandwich, except this is an opened faced pie!
The reason I went with a whole wheat crust is my hubby has changed up his diet a little and is only eating whole wheat. He has also cut out sugar which for the first week into it I was a little depressed. How could I make desserts without adding sugar? After I got over that and started doing some research I figured out there is a way. Add natural sugar! It’s better for you anyways.
So this whole wheat strawberry galette has just whole wheat, butter, strawberries and honey! Also a little cold water for the crust but we will get to that in the recipe! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Tell me what flavors would you like to see?
- For the crust:
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- For the filling:
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the crust:
- In mixer, using the flat blade, add flour and butter. Mix till it is crumbly. Slowly add in water and honey.
- Roll in disc and cover in plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 mins.
- In the meantime mix together strawberries and honey, set aside.
- Roll out dough into an 8 inch circle.Place on baking sheet.
- Place strawberries in the center and fold up the edges leaving the center free.
- Brush crust with honey.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool, cut and ENJOY!
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement