You guys, I am head over heels for these Peaches N’ Cream Cupcakes!
I have been thinking for some time to bake with Chobani’s peach flavored greek yogurt. I just wasn’t sure what to do with it. Well these cupcakes happened and I am super excited about them.
I used a cake mix, Duncan Hines in fact, and I tweaked it, made it fancy and here we go. I love to use cake mixes. I think you can do a lot with them. You can simply follow the directions or you could do what I did, add some greek yogurt, peach purée and have the most soft, moist spongy cupcake that you can get!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 white cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peach purée
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup greek yogurt, peach flavored ( I used Chobani)
- 1 15 oz canned peaches for purée
- FOR THE ICING:
- 6 oz. cream cheese, slightly chilled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach juice
- FOR THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare muffin tins by lining with cupcake liners.
- In mixer add cake mix, egg, purée, water, oil and greek yogurt.
- Mix till completely combined.
- If making large cupcakes use ⅓ cup to fill your liners. If making mini cupcakes us a tablespoon to fill liners.
- Bake for 18 minutes for large cupcakes and 12 for mini cupcake or until golden brown.
- FOR ICING:
- Mix butter and cream cheese together.
- Add powdered sugar and peach juice.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Need more cupcake ideas? Try these!
This recipe is linked over at: