Happy Wednesday! Today I bring you another pancake recipe for Pancake Wednesday! Blueberry White Chocolate Pancakes to be exact.
It is not a new way of doing pancakes but for me it is so I thought I would try it. What is different about my pancakes is that I used Italian hot chocolate mix because that is normally the only type we keep in the house and we just absolutely love!
As you have seen already, I do a lot of pancakes. I think I am declaring Wednesdays as Pancake Wednesdays. That seems to be the day I end up making pancakes for dinner.
Well this week I decided to change it up just a bit and I made crepes instead. The kids swear I have made them before but I just can’t remember, it must be my age catching up with me.
I set out on the Internet to find a good recipe. Well how can you go wrong with Julia Child? I love sitting down and watching her old cooking shows on our Hulu Plus.
I found her crepe recipe to be very easy to make. It is a bit time consuming when cooking them because you do one at a time but it is really worth the extra effort.
The black cherry yogurt I used is Chobani’s Black Cherry Greek Yogurt. I am a super nut about using Chobani. For a while I have been telling you how I am trying to go eggless in my baking. Well I am getting close and Chobani yogurts are helping me!
I can’t rave enough about them. They are so flavorful and they really kick up the moisture in my baked goods to a whole new level!
We really enjoyed these crepes, though next time I think I will double the recipe. We could of eaten twice as many as we did but what we did have was so delicious!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
BLACK CHERRY YOGURT CREPES
recipe from Julia Child’s All-Purpose Crepe
YIELDS: 4 servings (about 20 crepes)
PREP TIME: 35 minutes
COOK TIME: 30
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour and 5 minutes
FOR THE CREPE:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cold milk
2/3 cup cold water
3 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons melted butter
FOR THE FILLING:
2- 6oz containers of Chobani Black Cherry Yogurt
1. Combine all crepe ingredients into a food processor and pulse together until you have mixed it well.
2. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Take your smallest frying pan, spray with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
4. Take 2 tablespoons of the batter and pour into the center of your frying pan. Using handle pick up pan and swirl the mixture around till it has coated the bottom of the pan.
5. Cook for 1 minute, then flip and cook another 1 minute. Set aside your crepes on a plate as you cook them.
6. When all crepes are done. Lay one out on your plate. Spoon 1 tablespoon of yogurt down the center and roll up the crepe.
7. Add any toppings you like, serve and ENJOY!
as I cooked and my pan got hotter, the crepes cooked up faster, so in the end the process was moving along quicker then in the beginning when I was getting my bearings on how to make them.
Also here after I rolled my crepes, I sprinkles with powdered sugar, drizzles with chocolate and diced up some bananas. It was a great combination!
Check out these great blogs where this recipe is linked at!
We are a little crazy with pancakes around here. I am always trying to think of ways we can jazz them up a little. With St. Patrick’s Day being this month there is a lot of green going on around the internet and the food world. I immediately knew I wanted to do something to join in.
So when the kids had Friday off of school last week I decided it would be a good morning for us do to some pancakes. We definitely knew we wanted to try something new. Then the wheels started turning. My daughter and I had just been discussing last week ice cream flavors. I know her favorite is Mint Chocolate Chip.
So then the wheels started moving faster and I said what about Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes. The kids were instantly sold!
It worked out great for this morning to make them. I had all of the ingredients right in my cabinets (surprise, surprise) so I was able to pull them out and whip these up in no time at all. The kids had a great time watching as we cooked the pancakes. It was fun to see if we were really going to have a green pancake or not.
I was so happy with how these came out. They tasted great and the color was fun to look at. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to achieve the green minty pancake when I finished them up.
Hope you will find sometime to make your own Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes and add a little green into your day!
MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
this recipe is adapted from my Butterscotch Pancakes
YIELDS: 15 pancakes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoon oil
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 cup chocolate chip
green food coloring
1. In mixer combine flour, baking powder and sugar.
2. Whisk together milk, water, eggs, oil and peppermint extract in small bowl.
3. Add milk mixture to flour and on low speed mix well.
4. Mix in green food coloring, adding drops till you have reached your desired shade of green.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles.
6. Cook on griddle or in non stick pan till bubbles form and break.
7. Then flip and cook for 2 minutes more or until brown.
7. ENJOY with your favorite maple syrup!