This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LeggoMyEggo #HearTheNews #CollectiveBias
Thick and fluffy waffles made into this delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Waffle Cake!
Hey hey all! I am finally back from my awesome trip to Italy! I promise I will get around to sharing some delightful pictures with you! We had an amazing time and definitely some good eats! For the last few months I have shared with you a few recipes that were made with chocolate and orange and you guys I can’t get enough!
The last time I was here I made individual chocolate orange tarts but this dessert/breakfast my friends is not one to keep to yourself! In fact I had this in mind to share with a special someone!
My hubby and I recently celebrated a special anniversary and this was definitely how I wanted to celebrate it! Can you image bringing this in for breakfast in bed? Or to finish a lovely meal off with something a little different!
I decided to go a different route when making this waffle cake. The last time I made waffle cake, I tried this banana split waffle cake. This time I made it easy on myself and bought waffles from Walmart. I used Eggo Waffles which now has colors & flavors from natural sources! Which didn’t make it hard for me to chose which ones I was going to pick out to serve. We loved Eggo Thick & Fluffy Original, they are like Belgian waffles, which I was happily surprised when I opened the box!
When making this Chocolate Hazelnut Orange Waffle Cake I decided to cook the oranges. I am not really sure if it was necessary but I personally think it brought out the flavor of the orange and made them super soft when biting into the cake. Also I highly recommend adding the whipped topping and zest on top because it gives it a special added touch to your waffle cake! ENJOY!
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 2 Eggo Thick and Fluffy Original Waffles, toasted
- ½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- whipped topping
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- orange zest
- Place orange in medium pan, cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, flipping after 1 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate hazelnut spread in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and set aside.
- Place one waffle on plate. Add ¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread and spread over the waffle. Top with 2 orange slices.
- Repeat with another layer of waffle, chocolate hazelnut spread and orange.
- Top with whipped topping, hazelnuts and orange zest.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Don’t forget to check out this offer from ibotta! Earn $0.50 when you purchase any ONE Eggo® Thick & Fluffy Waffles variety, 6 ct. pack only at Walmart. Available while supplies last.