Ciao! I have waited so long to share this recipe with you! I never felt like it was something that I made good enough to share. Over the last year I have tried time and time again to watch my hubby make Spaghetti alla Carbonara just so that I could get it right. Now is that time!
This week for Sunday Supper we are celebrating BACON! Everything is better with bacon, am I right? Okay well in my world it is! So when I saw the theme was bacon I knew exactly what I wanted to make!
Now there are lots of people who will read this and say, but isn’t this supposed to be made with pancetta? I say yes, absolutely. But there have been times where I couldn’t find it and needed to adapt, so I wanted to show you how you can make this pasta with a simple ingredient like bacon.
Now the egg can be anything kind you like. We get some from a local farmer so the ones I used here are large brown eggs but you can definitely use white, which is what we have done many times!
I call this egg mixture liquid gold! Ha!
So about the egg, in this recipe you will see olive oil and milk in the mixture. This is what we do at home to keep the pasta from drying out too much. Definitely can not have a dry pasta dish in our home, that is a big no no!
Don’t forget to check out all of the bacon recipes listed for your please below! And thanks to our event host Erica of The Crumby Cupcake ! ENJOY!
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 pound hickory smoked bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 large brown egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup milk
- cracked pepper
- Cook pasta according to package. When done drain, leaving some of the water on the pasta.
- In the meantime cook the bacon. Frying for 3 minutes on each side. Drain bacon of grease and chop into small pieces.
- Whisk together egg yolks, olive oil, milk and cracked pepper.
- When pasta is done place in large bowl and stir in butter allowing to completely melt.
- Slowly stir yolks into pasta, so yolks do not curdle.
- Stir bacon into pasta.
- Top with cheese and serve immediately! ENJOY!
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.