If you are a fan of waffles and love summer treats, then you will love this Banana Split Waffle Cake!
Oh you guys! Do I have a doozy for you! This waffle cake kind of blows my mind! You see, you have to understand, I grew up eating waffles the traditional way, basically with just syrup and butter on them. Making it into a dessert, now that is a game changer for sure!
Awhile back I told you that you might see me here often on Sundays because I am joining forces with Sunday Supper Movement to give you guys the BEST!
This week on June 29th is National Waffle Iron Day and we are kicking it off with a huge waffle event! You are going to find lots of variety for those with or without a waffle iron! ENJOY!
This event is being hosted by Sue Lau from A Palatable Pastime Thank you Sue!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup whole milk vanilla bean greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 bananas, diced
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- whipped cream topping
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, corn starch, baking powder and sugar.
- Add eggs, milk, yogurt and vanilla.
- Mix until batter is smooth and without lumps.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray.
- Ladle in batter till ⅔ of the way full. (or follow instructions for your waffle iron)
- Close and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool. Repeat for remaining waffles.
- TO MAKE CAKE:
- Break waffle into pieces before laying on platter.
- Place one waffle on platter.
- Top each quarter with pineapple, strawberry, banana and whipped cream.
- Add another waffle on top.
- Finish off with whipped cream and fruit.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Sweet and Sinful:
- Banana Split Waffle Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Alida’s Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie Waffles by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Cherry Beet Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Pizelles – The Italian Waffle by GirlAbroad
- Churro Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Waffles by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Dark Chocolate Waffles with Cherry Syrup by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peasy Blueberry Sauce for Waffles by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Fluffernutter Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Cream Waffles with Whiskey Strawberries by Tramplingrose
- Japanese Green Tea Matcha Cream Topped Vegan Waffles by NinjaBaker
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles by Cooking With Carlee
- S’Mores Waffles by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Banana Nut Waffles by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Waffle Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffle Kebobs with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Yeasted Waffles with Peach Syrup by Pies and Plots
Savory Brinner Winners:
- Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Bacon Waffles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Stacks by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bleu Pig Potato Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Breakfast Poutine Waffles by She Loves Biscotti
- Cheesy Bacon Waffles with Spicy Ketchup by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Polenta Waffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Cheesy Spinach Waffles with Ham by Wholistic Woman
- Chicken & Waffles by Family Around the Table
- Corn Waffles Nachos-Style by Caroline’s Cooking
- Croque Monsieur Waffles by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Eggs Benedict Cauliflower Waffles by Life Tastes Good
- Korean Fried Chicken and Ramen Waffles by kimchi MOM
- Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Luau Egg Benedict Waffle by Brunch-n-Bites
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Waffles with BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Scallion Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet and Spicy Pecan Shredded Beef Waffles by Family Foodie
- Waffled Falafel Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement