Cookies are always my go to snack or quick treat to make. These Apricot Almond Butterscotch Cookies combined by love for butterscotch and fruits and nuts all in one place!
I remember the first time I tried an apricot. I was sitting in my mother-in laws kitchen in Italy and after lunch they always pull out fruit to eat. So she pulled these little golden orange colored fruits. I was intrigued because I had never had one before, or at least I didn’t remember ever having one. They are soft on the outside and juicy on the inside very similar to the texture of a peach but the taste is quite different. They are slightly sweet and tangy. So last week I started craving apricots. There were two problems with this. First they are not in season and second I can never find them at my farmers market or grocery store when they are in season. So what was the next best thing to indulge my craving? Dried fruit. I don’t buy it too often but last week I ended up getting two bags! And they are gone!One reason for this is because I have been trying to add the dried apricots to granola bars. Failed twice but I am still working on it. I also decided to throw them in some cookies. I am so glad I did! The almonds, butterscotch, and apricots are a lot of flavors going on in these cookies but they match so well together!! I use my basic cookie recipe for this and just change up the flavors. The cookie recipe that I use only makes 2 dozen. I do this on purpose because seriously I can’t have dozens and dozens of cookies laying around because I would just continue to pop them in my mouth every time I walk by them! So I make them 2 dozen for moderation purposes. You know the saying “everything in moderation!” ENJOY!!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¾ cups slivered almonds
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two cookie sheet pans with silpat or parchment paper.
- In mixer add butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix till creamy.
- Add egg and mix till creamy. Add almond extract and continue to mix.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to mixing bowl and continue to mix.
- Stir in apricots, almonds and butterscotch chips.
- Using two tablespoons scoop out mixture and drop onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and ENJOY!
this recipe may be linked at these sites