Dress up seasonal spaghetti squash with simple ingredients of mushrooms and broccoli to make these Vegetable Stuffed Spaghetti Squash!
Let’s talk spaghetti squash, shall we? Okay I had never even heard of it till like last year. I went to my best friends house and she had one there. I inquired and right then and there I learned all I needed to know about spaghetti squash.
I learned that they are super easy to cook. I learned that you take a fork and with little easy you have these type of “noodles”. I learned that it is good by itself but it is AMAZING when you stuff it with a bunch of ingredients.
In my house I buy seasonally. I try to get all of the fresh produce while it is in season. Right now I can get these for like .99 cents. Seriously you can’t beat that.
I bought two and if feed my family pretty well. I spent a week thinking about how I wanted to make these. I had not really tried stuffing my squash before (you can also make it in a casserole as well) but I was seeing a lot of this around the internet and thought why not!
I was so glad I did because they turned out great! I made two different kinds because none of my kids like mushrooms but my husband and I do. So the broccoli version was for them and the mushroom version was for us! It was a win-win! ENJOY!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- 2 medium spaghetti squash, about 5 pounds
- 1 8 oz mushrooms, stems removed, washed and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 12 oz frozen microwave broccoli
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Half squash and scoop out seeds. Place face up on cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 25 minutes. (may vary on size of squash)
- In the mean time prepare the filling.
- In medium size pan, drizzle with olive oil, add onions, mushrooms and tomatoes. Sauté for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and onions translucent. Set aside.
- Cook frozen broccoli in microwave according to packaging, about 5 minutes. Remove from package and dice. Set aside.
- When squash is done, pull out and shred with a fork.
- Top two halves with the mushroom mixture and two halves with broccoli.
- Top all with shredded carrots and cheese.
- Place back in oven fro 5 minutes to warm up.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!