Easy to make Sheet Pan Roasted Tomatoes! Made with few simple ingredients, these tomatoes roast up in just 15 minutes! So tender and so flavorful!
Roasted vegetables happen to be the easiest side dish to make to go along with any meal! It’s the perfect way to get in your veggies and not spend too much time in the kitchen!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Let’s face it, we all need more veggies in our lives, even if we eat them everyday! What I love about roasted tomatoes and onions is that they almost come out tasting like candy! I could eat the whole pan myself!
What ingredients are needed?
- Tomatoes: For the tomatoes I use roma tomatoes. I just prefer them so much better than heirloom. They have less water in them and just easier to work with.
- Onions: When choosing an onion, red was my choice. They are more sweet in flavor but really pair well with the tomatoes. You could use any kind you have on hand!
- Seasonings: This was an easy choice! Definitely add some salt and oregano. Substituting with basil is ideal if don’t have any oregano on hand.
- Oil: Extra-virgin olive oil helps coat all of your ingredients and give it a nice crispy touch to the final product!
How to cook sheet pan roasted tomatoes?
Using a sheet pan is a favorite way when roasted vegetables but you can also use a deep oven safe dish. Either works and will only vary in the results just a bit.
Normally use see roasted veggies done on 350 degrees but I live to roast mine at 400 degrees because it cuts down on the amount of time they have to cook!
- You start by chopping the veggies. Make the tomatoes and onions slightly bigger because the will get smaller when they are roasted.
- Add vegetables to sheet pan.
- Then sprinkle with seasonings.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss to coat, then cook!
NOTES & STORAGE:
TO STORE: Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
TO REHAT: Microwave for 1-2 minutes until nice and hot.
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products that I love! Thank you for supporting The Bitter Side of Sweet! See my disclosure policy for more info**
- 10 roma tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Dice tomatoes in large chunks.
- On sheet pan add tomatoes, oregano, onions, salt and olive oil. Mix till all ingredients are coated with olive oil.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Place in serving bowl. Top with parsley
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 534mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
More recipes with roasted tomatoes!
- How to make Chipotle Sauce! This Chipotle Sauce recipe is unique in that it is a spicy, flavorful tomato-based sauce made with roasted tomatoes and chipotle chiles in adobo sauce!
- Salsa Fresca! Fresh salsa made from tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, garlic cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice and spices.
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Soup! This smoky roasted corn and tomato soup is packed full of multiple layers of flavors!