Easy to make Sheet Pan Roasted Tomatoes! Made with 5 simple ingredients, these tomatoes roast up in just 15 minutes! So tender and so flavorful!
Roasted vegetables happen to be the easiest side dish to make to go along with any meal! It’s the perfect way to get in your veggies and not spend too much time in the kitchen!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Let’s face it, we all need more veggies in our lives, even if we eat them everyday! What I love about roasted tomatoes is that they almost come out tasting like candy! I could eat the whole pan myself!
These tomatoes are perfect for using in different types of recipes such as this cheesy tomato pasta bake or even on salads!
What ingredients are needed?
For the tomatoes I use roma tomatoes. I just prefer them so much better than heirloom. They have less water in them and just easier to work with.
When choosing an onion, red was my choice. They are more milk in flavor but really pair well with the tomatoes. You could use any kind you have on hand!
Seasonings was an easy choice! Definitely add some salt and oregano. Substituting with basil is ideal if don’t have any oregano on hand.
Olive oil helps coat all of your ingredients and give it a nice crispy touch to the final product!
How to cook sheet pan roasted tomatoes?
Using a sheet pan is a favorite way when roasted vegetables but you can also use a deep oven safe dish. Either works and will only vary in the results just a bit.
Normally use see roasted veggies done on 350 degrees but I live to roast mine at 400 degrees because it cuts down on the amount of time they have to cook!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- On sheet pan add tomatoes, oregano, onions, salt and olive oil. Mix till all ingredients are coated with olive oil.
- Roasted for 15 minutes. Place in bowl. (optional add parsley)
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1066mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
More recipes with roasted tomatoes!
- How to make Chipotle Sauce! This Chipotle Sauce recipe is unique in that it is a spicy, flavorful tomato-based sauce made with roasted tomatoes and chipotle chiles in adobo sauce!
- Salsa Fresca! Fresh salsa made from tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, garlic cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice and spices.
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Soup! This smoky roasted corn and tomato soup is packed full of multiple layers of flavors!