This fresh Lemon Carrot Salad is made with just 5 ingredients! With a simple dressing topped over shaved carrots this makes a simple side dish.
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
I’d have to say that carrots are probably the number one ingredient we use in our kitchen! Normally in savory dishes but sometimes in desserts as well!
We did something. We went and bought lemons and carrots in bulk. I know, what were we thinking? So after we had all of these carrots we needed to figure out what to do with them!
This is when my hubby got into the kitchen and started peeling some carrots. Simple and easy!
What ingredients to use?
To make this salad you only need a few ingredients!
- lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- dried parsley (optional, did mostly to add a pop of color)
Favorite Carrot Recipes!
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Carrots is one of my favorite savory dishes to use carrots.
- This carrot cake mug cake with cream cheese frosting is one of my favorite sweet dishes to use carrots in!
- Cooked Carrots are a simple side dish
Can you make this Lemon Carrot Salad ahead of time?
Yes and no. Let me explain. Yes you can cut the carrots, top them with lemon. If you want to wait to serve it, stop there.
It’s best to add the olive oil and vinegar right before you serve the salad.
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now, too. If you make any recipes be sure to tag them with #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley (optional ingredient)
- Add carrots and lemon juice bowl. Mix well until carrots are fully coated.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and salt. Mix well until carrots are fully coated.
- (optional) top with parsley.
- Serve and ENJOY!.
Follow step 1. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Continue with steps 2-4.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 49Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
Other bloggers recipes with carrots!
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes and Carrots a simple and easy dish that’s prepped in just 10 minutes!
- Mashed Carrots! Creamy and delicious!
- Roasted Carrot Soup! Lucious, comforting, and mouthwatering Roasted Carrot Soup with Za’tar.
- Carrot Cake Cookies are super soft and beyond delicious.