Or if you are like me, you like these more than your kids do!!
I am a super nut for rice krispy treats. I think they are so easy and can be put together in a snap. You can microwave your marshmallows or over the stove which ever you prefer. I actually do both methods. It just depends on the mood I am in on which way I chose to do it.
This treat is a continuance of my daughter’s birthday last Friday. I whipped a few things for our little celebration for her. It was just us so I didn’t want to go to heavy on the food especially after she requested homemade pizza for dinner. I knew she would be getting lots of sweet treats but this stayed with the theme so I just HAD to make them!
Now that I have discovered Duncan Hines Frosting Creations I am hooked. I have used the flavorings for cupcakes and I knew it could totally work with adding it to marshmallows. I was worried that the flavor would not come through after everything was put together but I was wrong! This worked out great and I can’t wait to try other flavors!! ENJOY!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1 10. oz bag of regular size marshmallows
- 1 0.10 oz packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cotton Candy Flavor Mix
- Prepare 8x8 pan by adding a coat of non stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add marshmallows till melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cotton candy flavor mix.
- Add cereal and stir till combine. Work quickly.
- Spread into pan with spatula.
- Rest in pan for 10 minutes, cut and ENJOY!
Need more snacks? Here you go!!
This recipe is linked at these sites!