A few months ago before school started we moved. Again. Last move was 2 years ago.
It was very difficult on the kids.
So on their first week of school I decided to start making them a “special” treat. We do these treats and sweets on Fridays.
This week I did fruity rice krispie treats. Sometimes you will see these particular treats called differently. I used a generic brand of cereal and named it after that.
FRUITY RICE KRISPIE TREAT
recipe adapted from Rice Krispies
YIELDS: 9 BARS
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 5 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 cups mini marshmallows
3 cups Fruity Rice Cereal
1. Prepare 8×8 pan by adding a coat of non stick cooking spray.
2. Melt butter in a large pot.
3. Add marshmallows till melted. Remove from heat.
4. Add cereal and stir till combine. Work quickly.
5. Spread into pan with spatula.
6. Rest in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
the spatula may need to be covered with butter or non stick cooking spray so it doesn’t stick to treats.