Sweet and salty are always a perfect combination! These Cinnamon Chocolate Pretzel Blondies have all of that wrapped up into one bar!
Between the kids going back to school. ME starting a new semester in college. Planning Online Blog Conference and taking kids to appointments, ballet and church.
I have had little energy to keep up. But I really wanted to share with you these blondies because they are FABULOUS! They did not last a day in our house. Well because I made them and took them out of our house to a friends house!The original recipe comes from Dorthy at Crazy For Crust Loaded Oatmeal Blondies! Which looks totally amazing with oatmeal and M&M’s. I just adapted it based on what my family likes! ENJOY!
- 1/2 stick margarine, softened (4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1.55 ounce Hershey's chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 cup pretzels, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and stir till mixed. Set aside.
- In mixer add margarine, brown sugar and sugar. Mix till creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Continue to mix till creamy.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture till completely incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips, chocolate bar, pretzels and pecans.
- Press into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
I also baked mine with my convection oven. If you use one, bake at 350 degrees for 29 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.