Moist and delicious Homemade Lemon Cupcakes topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting with added lemon zest. Perfect for any day of the week!
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
So I told you I was on a cupcake kick! You really loved those strawberry lemon cupcakes so I wanted to give you just a clean cut lemon flavored cupcake!
Some people really do not like lemon flavored desserts but I really do!
There is a mix between sweet and tangy in these cupcakes that, for me is just perfect!
When I made these cupcakes I used Adams Lemon flavored Extract! Which was amazing! I didn’t expect it to be so strong in flavor because some extracts really are not.
This was is! I have so many flavors like the classic vanilla or even the peppermint extract! They are so good!
Make sure you hope down to enter the giveaway and see all of the prizes and recipes from today!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp Adam's Lemon Extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉. Line two muffin pans with liners. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In mixer add sugar and butter, mix till creamy.
- Slowly add in egg whites, extract and milk. Mix till incorporated.
- Slowly add in flour until incorporated.
- Stir in zest.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- In mixing bowl add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Whisk together on medium low until completely incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl half way through mixing.
- Slowly add in cream. Scrape down sides half way through mixing.
- Add zest.
- Turn mixer up to medium high and whisk frosting until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe frosting onto the top of each cupcake.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice*
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
No Bake Treats:
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Dough Dip from Cooking With Carlee
- Candy Dipped Fruit Cones from Blogghetti
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.