These Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes are so fun for a summer party! The kids would love the make the mermaid tails with you!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
Homemade cupcakes that are easy to make! You will love this blueberry version! About a month ago I made strawberry lemon cupcakes and you guys really loved those!
I can see why, they were so good! This week I decided to do something fun with the girls and make these cupcakes!
We pulled out this Wilton DIY-Lish Mermaid Cupcake kit and made these cups.
The girls had so much fun watching the tails form and then topping them onto the cupcakes! Such a fun time!
Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom for the giveaway and to see all of the other delicious recipes!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon extract or lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, diced
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- For the mermaid tails:
- 1 1/2 cup Wilton Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉. Line two muffin pans with liners. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In mixer add sugar and butter, mix till creamy.
- Slowly add in egg whites, extract and milk. Mix till incorporated.
- Slowly add in flour until incorporated.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- In mixing bowl add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Whisk together on medium low until completely incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl half way through mixing.
- Slowly add in cream. Scrape down sides half way through mixing.
- Add lemon zest.
- Turn mixer up to medium high and whisk frosting until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe frosting onto the top of each cupcake.
- For the mermaid tails: Melt candy melts according to directions. Pipe into molds. Refrigerate for 15 mins.
- Top onto cupcakes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 113mg Carbohydrates: 33g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
- Brownie Bottom Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Family Around the Table
- No Churn Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- S’Mores Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake from Sweet ReciPEAS
- No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream from Palatable Pastime
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Lemon Blueberry Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peach Pie Scones with Maple Glaze from Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blackberry Crumble Bars from Creative Southern Home
- Creamsicle Cake Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Orange Cream Dipped Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Rock Candy from The Domestic Kitchen
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots from Cheese Curd In Paradise