These Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes are a made from scratch cupcake! So moist with a little strawberry in each bite topped off with cream cheese frosting!
Click here to save this recipe on Pinterest!
I am celebrating something pretty special today! It’s my birthday! So I decided to make myself some cupcakes with my all time favorite flavor, strawberry!
I adore strawberries so much that I even bought strawberry ice cream to go with these cupcakes!
When deciding to make cupcakes I realized it has been ages since I’ve actually blogged them. Some of my first treats I started sharing with you and what made me love baking so much was making cupcakes!
Well I will rectify that pretty soon because I will bring you more cupcakes now that I’ve found a from scratch recipe that is so delicious and just perfect!
HOW TO MAKE CUPCAKES:
Making these cupcakes from scratch was super easy! I used my Joy of Cooking cookbook and found their white cupcake recipe.
I kind of went from there. In their recipe they wanted you to mount the egg whites and fold them into the batter.
I skipped that completely because I needed something super easy to whip together!
I basically just took all the wet ingredients and mixed them together. Then added the dry ingredients! So simple!
HOW TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
This frosting is my all time favorite! I will say thought that in order to get the pretty pink color I added food coloring. Don’t hate me! I just didn’t want to go through the trouble of added strawberry syrup but you could totally do that if you wanted a more natural cupcake.
Using cream cheese is my favorite for frosting. It gives it a lighter taste which is what we LOVE!
Want to follow along?
If you’re on Facebook come check out this fun little group I’ve got going on. Instagram is a fun resource I’m using right now. If you make any recipes make sure to tag them #bittersideofsweetrecipes so I can see your creations!
Want to connect more with The Bitter Side of Sweet? Follow at:
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon extract or lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, diced
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉. Line two muffin pans with liners. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In mixer add sugar and butter, mix till creamy.
- Slowly add in egg whites, extract and milk. Mix till incorporated.
- Slowly add in flour until incorporated.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
- In mixing bowl add cream cheese and powdered sugar. Whisk together on medium low until completely incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl half way through mixing.
- Slowly add in cream. Scrape down sides half way through mixing.
- Add food coloring.
- Turn mixer up to medium high and whisk frosting until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe frosting onto the top of each cupcake.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Joy of Cooking White Cupcakes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice
OTHER STRAWBERRY LEMON DESSERTS:
Looking for more dessert with strawberry and lemon, well I have found a few that I think you will love!
- This Strawberry Lemonade Cake is a sugar free option! Looks incredible!
- You know how much I love cake rolls! How about this Strawberry Lemonade Cake Roll!
- The simplicity of this Strawberry Shortcake with Lavender Lemon Cream is something I want to try!