This Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake is a super moist white cake with vanilla pudding, homemade cherry sauce and topped off with whipped topping!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
So this is my first time making a poke cake and my second time actually eating one! Let me tell you, I am pretty much sold on these cakes. I loved it when I made this Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake but this one just about beats that!
What’s not to love about a moist cake filled with pudding or sometimes jello and topped with whipped topping! Sounds like a match made in heaven!
This week you will see me a lot because I am joining a group of bloggers and celebrating #SummerDessertWeek! There is a list of recipes and some PRIZES for you to win so make sure you keep scrolling! ENJOY!
Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake #SummerDessertWeek
- For the cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup oil
- for the cherry sauce:
- 25 cherries pitted and sliced
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals White Sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- For the pudding:
- 3.4 ounce box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- cherries for garnish
- Preheat oven 325 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- For the cake:
- Add cake mix, eggs, water and oil to mixing bowl. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Continue to mix on medium speed for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into baking pan. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- For the cherry sauce:
- Add cherries, sugar and water to medium size pot. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. When done, allow to cool for 5 minutes and strain juice from cherries. Keep the juice.
- When cake is cooled, poke holes into cake every inch with a wooden or plastic spoon.
- Pour the cherry juice over the cake. Set aside.
- For the pudding:
- Add pudding to large mixing bowl. Whisk in milk. Pour over cake.
- Top cake with whipped topping and cherries for garnish!
- Serve and ENJOY!
Store cake in refrigerator.
Make the pudding right before you pour over cake.
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.