Tuna Quinoa Patties a dish your whole family would love!
Since the end of February our family has been observing Lent and abstaining from meat on Fridays.
I have been trying to think of recipes that include fish of some kind.
Well I have finally found my go to recipe.
I have told you how obsessed I have been with quinoa. This recipe combines quinoa and canned fish to make the perfect dish.
I have made a variation of this recipe twice so far. The kids actually really enjoy this as much as we do so it is a great family recipe as well.
Because I have quinoa in my refrigerator often I was able to whip this up pretty quickly.
Whenever I make quinoa I just follow the directions on the back of the package and add a vegetable bouillon cube to give it a little flavor.
Then I just grab whatever ingredients i have that go well with the type of canned fish I am using and whalla you are almost finished!
These patties are really good with just a side salad and sliced cheese, or peas and potatoes or as a sandwich. (Which by the way the sandwich is really really good, says my daughter!)
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
Tuna Quinoa Patties
- 1 5 oz can tuna drained
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa cooked and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain bread
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- olive oil
- Using a large skillet add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of pan and heat on medium.
- In the meantime combine tuna, quinoa, egg, bread crumbs, lemon juice, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Roll and flatten into patties.
- Place patties in skillet and fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. (You may have to do this in two batches.
- Cool and ENJOY!
recipe adapted from Quinoa Salmon Cakes