You saw this coming right? How could I share the walnut pesto with you and not share with you what I used it for?
There is the pasta noodle I have just discovered and I am declaring it my new favorite pasta noodle. I have told you before about my love hate feelings for rotini. Well I am not sure I will ever buy it again now that I know I can use Gemelli.
This noodle is great to eat al dente and also cooked more than al dente. It does a wonderful job at absorbing the pesto when you add it to it. What is great is that I didn’t have to use to much pesto to cover a full box of pasta. I added 3 tablespoons and that is it. Of course if you want to add more you should go for it! ENJOY!!
Want to connect more with TheBitterSideofSweet? Follow at:
- 1 (16oz) box of gemelli pasta ( I used Barilla)
- 3 tablespoons of walnut pesto
- sea salt for water
- grana cheese for sprinkling
- Fill a large pot of water and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add sea salt to the water.
- Add pasta and bring back to a boil.
- Cook for 12 minutes or until al dente.
- When done strain the water from the pasta and add the pasta to a large bowl.
- Spoon walnut pesto over the pasta and stir till it is completely incorporated.
- Garnish with cheese and ENJOY!
Want more pasta? Here you go!
this recipe may be linked at these sites!